Many of the benefits of plastic surgery are common knowledge, but there are few tricks of the trade that only plastic surgeons know. Being aware of this information can help you be better prepared when planning your plastic surgery and can help you avoid some of the pitfalls that uninformed patients suffer from.
- You get what you pay for. Although the cost of surgery can be intimidating, it is best to find a qualified surgeon who will charge you a fair price. If you try to cut corners and receive surgery from a less-than-qualified “doctor,” you will likely pay for it with unsatisfactory results or even health complications.
- Seek out surgeons with experience and results. When looking for a plastic surgeon, the best choice is a surgeon who has experience performing your desired procedure. Ask your surgeon to show you results that they have helped other patients achieve, so you can see the quality of their work.
- Plastic surgery requires upkeep. Many plastic surgery procedures, especially liposuction, tummy tucks, and other body contouring techniques, require upkeep. If patients don’t maintain healthy diet and exercise habits after their procedure, they may gain back any fat that was removed during their procedure. Taking care of yourself is essential to the longevity of your results.
- Preventative care is more effective than any treatment. While plastic surgery can produce impressive results, there is no better approach to wellness and youthfulness than simply taking care of yourself in the first place. A healthy person will look better than an unhealthy person of the same age who has had work done.
- Patients need to have realistic expectations. When patients go into plastic surgery with unrealistic expectations, they will be disappointed by their results. Be realistic about your goals so that your surgeon can help you as best as they can.
- Mommy makeovers aren’t just for mothers. Mommy makeovers address many of the effects that pregnancy and childbirth have on the body. However, many of these effects can also develop due to the natural aging process. For this reason, women can be eligible for a mommy makeover even if they’ve never had a child.
- Sometimes, surgery is the best option. Non-surgical alternatives are hugely popular in cosmetics right now because they offer much less downtime than surgery. However, patients need to understand that in some cases, surgery is the best option for delivering optimal results. A few extra weeks of downtime is often worth greater results.
- Breast implants are a lifelong commitment. Patients need to remember that breast implants last for years. It is important to keep this in mind when considering the size, shape, and material of your breast implant, as it needs to be a choice you will be happy with in 10 or 20 years. Otherwise, additional surgeries may be necessary.
Are You Considering Plastic Surgery?
At Flannagan Plastic Surgery, we offer a range of plastic surgery procedures to the residents of Jasper, Newburgh, Evansville and the nearby areas of Indiana. To learn more about our treatments or schedule a consultation, contact us today.